If you’re reading this page, that means you’re already thinking about creating an online course or membership site. That’s good news, because if you have something to teach doing it online is a great way to leverage your knowledge, and share it with a global market.
But, as with any new project, “getting started” can be daunting. An online course or membership site is a pretty complex system made up of multiple parts and services that must work together. It’s really a puzzle…and putting it together has been a stumbling block for both large organizations and soloists.
Generally speaking, when someone plans to create an online course or membership site there are several questions that need to be answered. Here are a few:
- How should I organize my content?
- Do I need to have a standalone site, part of my current website, a sub domain or folder?
- What type of (and most cost effective) web hosting is best for my course or membership site to give my members the best user experience?
- Which plugins do I need?
- What should my site look like and do I need a custom design?
- How should my members navigate throughout the site?
- What static pages do I need?
- How do I protect my content but make it easy for members to access?
- How do I manage and host video and audio files?
- What type of content should I use to make my course most effective?
- How do I keep the site secure from hackers?
- What are custom post types and do I need them?
- What’s the best and most cost effective way to accept payments and I need to use a shopping cart service to do it?
- Should I deliver (drip) content over time and what’s the best way to do it?
- How much should I charge?
These are just a handful of questions that need to be addressed when beginning a successful online course or membership site project. If you’re looking for assistance in answering these questions and want to work with a company that understands how to create a successful online subscription website please contact us today. Just click the red button below to connect with us.
The video below is an overview of our Online Course and Membership Site creation process.